The Cost Estimating Format Tool
CEF is comprised of eight parts that reflect the proposed costs associated with each large project. The structure of the tool mirrors the applicant-general contractor-subcontractor relationship for eligible work.
- Part A - Base construction cost for labor, equipment and materials required to perform eligible work.
- Part B – Costs associated with work execution such as temporary services and utilities, safety and security measures, field supervision, quality control and administrative submittals.
- Part C – Construction cost contingencies such as project unknowns and complexities, and the degree of difficulty for site access, storage, and staging.
- Part D – Applies to contracted work for the general (or prime) contractor's home office overhead, insurance, bonds, and profit.
- Part E – Accounts for cost escalation at certain points over the duration of the project.
- Part F – Fees for building permits, plan checks and special reviews.
- Part G – Owner's reserve for change orders and differing site conditions.
- Part H – The applicant's project management and design costs.