How to Appeal and Obtain Audits
This page contains an overview about how to appeal a FEMA determination for a Public Assistance Program Grant and also provides resources about FEMA audits. More detailed information can also be located in the FEMA Public Assistance Program and Policy Guide.
Recipients and Sub-recipients are afforded two appeals: first to the appropriate Regional Administrator, and then second to the Division Director for the Public Assistance Division at Headquarters. Applicants may appeal any determination made on their application or the provision of grant assistance. Each appeal must be submitted in writing to the Recipient within 60 days of receiving the determination notice.
- PA Appeals Fact Sheet
- Public Assistance Appeals Database
- FEMA Public Assistance Second Appeals Tracker
- Public Assistance Appeals and Audits Branch Newsletter
- Appeal Questions? Please Contact the PA Appeals Branch.
- Audit Tips for Managing Disaster-Related Project Costs (September, 2017)
- Search the Office of Inspector General (OIG) website for FEMA-related Audits, Inspections, and Evaluations.
- Search for FEMA Audit Reports conducted by the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO).
- Recovery Audit Questions? Please contact FEMA Recovery Audits.