COVID-19 EHP Considerations
FEMA’s Public Assistance Program will fund eligible emergency protective measures taken by a community to save lives, protect property and public health and safety, and lessen or avert the threat of a catastrophe. While the list of eligible activities includes actions that do not affect the environment (such as provision of personnel, supplies, and equipment), there are activities associated that do have the potential to adversely affect natural, historic, and/or archaeological resources.
• Repurposing, renovating, or reusing existing facilities as temporary medical or sheltering facilities
• Placement of prefabricated facilities on a site
• Construction of new temporary medical or sheltering facilities
• Storage of human remains and mass mortuary services
• Staging resources on an undeveloped site
• Proper disposal of medical waste
EHP Information Requirements
For projects that do have the potential to adversely affect natural, historic, and/or archaeological resources, Applicants should be prepared to provide the following:
• Location of the work, including and latitude/longitude in decimal degrees (to the fifth decimal point) and site address. Maps or aerial imagery of the project area is also helpful.
• Description of any ground-disturbing activities, including site preparation, laying new or expanding existing utilities, and expansion of existing footprints.
• Dates of construction for facilities that are being reused, repurposed, or renovated.
• Description of modifications made to existing facilities.
• Photographs of the project site or facility.